Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Parlor on North Loop in Austin (53rd and Avenue F)

















If you are a regular reader of my blog, and I know there are a few, it has become painfully obvious that I have lost my muse. I haven't even been hitting beerjoints lately let alone making videos, taking pictures or blogging about my exploits and adventures. My mind has been wrapped around retirement and the pros and cons that go with it. But, enough of the personal bullshit and on with the show. The Parlor is a beerjoint, pizzeria and loud as hell head banging music venue. It's also pretty small, think large hallway and you have just about nailed it. That is not a derogatory assessment however because they seem to make good use of the space that they do have and on a busy night you get to rub up against other bodies without getting your face slapped. The pizza is decent too, not the best I've ever had but way up there on the sliding scale. Parking is limited and the location is obscure if you are not familiar with the territory. Still, I feel the effort is worthwhile if you want to absorb some atmosphere that is truly unique to Austin. Check out the pictures, watch the video and then go see for yourself. Now, if you are a Mr. Gatti's or Domino's person you will want to avoid this place at all costs. Of course, I'm trusting that my readers have more class than that, or most of them anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7wtgei-ogw http://www.myspace.com/theparlor Click their myspace link. It's an excellent page with their music schedule.

No comments: