Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Cedar Door at Second and Brazos in Downtown Austin












This place has developed into a real tightly run very cool and extremely spacious downtown retreat. I remember some of the previous locations of this very same building, that has been moved over and over again, until it finally landed in this former downtown parking lot. The small red house was the entire bar, now it is just the bar area and there is plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. They have lots of good beer on tap but the favorite drink of the public is the Mexican Martini, served in a pint beer glass and oh so good. I call it a Margarita and a very good one at that. If I were staying downtown I would drink about three and then walk back to my room and take a nap. But, that's just me. All of the property around the bar has been developed and it continues daily but for however long they can hold on I think this is one of the very best downtown bars there is, and it's very close to the Convention Center so they provide a valuable service as far as I'm concerned. Free parking doesn't exist downtown but there are lots of garages and for short term parking an empty meter space is not the hard to find but you have to have some quarters handy and you never want to let the meter expire because they are vultures. http://www.cedardooraustin.com/

No comments: