Friday, February 15, 2008

Waterloo Ice House at 38th and Medical Parkway in Austin








This is the second Waterloo Ice House in Austin. The original was on Congress Avenue in an area that is now too expensive for anything, let alone a bar. There are several other locations around town but this one is my favorite. I ordered some take out from this place the other night and it was the first time I ever had any food from here. I've had plenty of beers in the past but never got around to the menu. It's a burger, sandwich, salad, chicken fried steak sort of place but what's wrong with that? I love their fries and the onion rings were mighty decent too. The way people were shovelling the food in I have to assume that it is all pretty good. In fact I would bet on it. They have music on the weekends and I can assure you it will be hopping during SXSW2008. It's located one block west of Lamar on 38th Street at the corner of Medical Parkway. There is a pretty good sized parking lot right behind the place and street parking nearby if it is too full. They have a few video games for the kids, so if you've got them, bring them and the place has several different rooms if you crave some privacy. I don't go here with any regularity but I've been in the place at least a dozen times and never could find anything to complain about so I guess that would qualify as a recommendation. Tell them Wisegeorge sent you. They won't know what the hell you are talking about but it will be fun to see the look on their face. http://www.waterlooicehouse.com/

No comments: