Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Double Dave's Pizza on Duval by U.T. in Austin

















Well, here I go with another pizza joint on my best bars blog and why is that you may ask? Because pizza places often sell beer for on site consumption and that is my only qualification for this purpose. Besides, I've been in many bars that only sell beer so what is the difference? What really attracted me to this place is the proximity to another bar I made a video in and the ease of parking that a pizza place often provides. So, I can't tell you about the pizza at this location because I didn't get one but I've had Double Dave's plenty of times by the slice from a cart over by the stadium at U.T. and I liked it. This particular DD's location used to be a Pizza Hut or Mr. Gatti's, I can't remember which, but they are way better than that as far as my personal preference goes. It's run by Texas Exes according to a sign on the door and I'm assuming that means U.T. Alumni. The place has a boat load full of U.T. Sports Memorabilia plastered all over the place including an autographed helmet from Earl Campbell. There is plenty of seating both indoors and out and a spacious parking lot plus it is within easy walking distance of the U.T. campus. They had Oprah on the T.V. when I was in there but I'm sure they would have switched it over to the game if there was any kind of a game on at all, which there wasn't. Sometimes a person just wants to sit down and relax while having a brew and that's how I felt and that's what I did. Since this visit was after the lunch hour rush and before dinner time it worked quite well for that purpose. http://www.doubledaves.com/

No comments: