Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Uncle Billy's Brew & Que on Barton Springs Road in Austin Texas








This is a new place in Austin that will eventually grow into an old established South Austin Hangout. They have the two most essential ingredients for instant sucess, beer and meat. They brew their own beer in big kettles behind a glass wall and they serve up some pretty decent Barbeque, Barbecue, Bar-B-Q, smoked meat. On Tuesday's any house brewed beer is two bucks a pint. That's only about 75 cents a pint more than it costs me from my kegerator and I get to have a little variety in my life. They have a pretty good sized parking lot and the place can probably handle about two hundred people or more between the inside and the patio. The traffic in the area is pretty heavy and very noisy but it's close to the hike and bike trail and if you sit towards the back of the patio it is easy to pretend you are out in the country somewhere. They have big flat screen T.V.'s for the people who can't live without them and the decor is mostly wood glass and metal. The bar is a good size and seats lots of people. I like that feature in any bar and there aren't that many of a comparable size in town. I dropped in about 4:30 in the afternoon and when I left forty five minutes later the place was starting to fill up. It's a recent addition to restaurant row where places come and go but I think this place will be around for a good long while. http://www.unclebillysaustin.com/

No comments: