Saturday, January 19, 2008

Austin Java at Parkway and North Lamar in Austin Texas
















The first time I ever went to Austin Java was probably ten years ago or more. At the time I was always trying to go to someplace different for breakfast and a friend suggested this place. It was much funkier then and had the weirdest ceiling texture I have ever seen. All that is gone now and everything looks spiffy and this original Austin Coffehouse has expanded to several other locations all over Austin. They had a pretty good wine selection but I got a Bock for $2.50, put a buck in the tip jar and acted like I owned the place. I'm glad nobody confronted me like they have at some smaller joints. I'm just trying to do a public service after all. This is a kind of strange location for me. It is highly visible but seems less accessible than it really is because of it being on a diagonal corner. It really is easy to get to but it never feels that way to me. That's just me. Go there and see if you can figure out what I mean. It is at the corner of North Lamar and Parkway. For some reason there is a street sign that says Parkway and Enfield. Even though I knew where I was, that sign was confusing the hell out of me. http://www.austinjava.com/

No comments: