Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ms Bea's on East Sixth Street in East Austin






I had been to Ms Bea's once last summer and had a great time but I couldn't remember exactly where it was. Then, the other day I was driving west down East Sixth towards the Interstate when I suddenly saw it, just as I was about to pass it and I pulled into a space that really wasn't for parking. At first it looked like the only solution was to back out into traffic on a heavily travelled thoroughfare. I hate it when that happens, but luckily I was able to maneuver out of the predicament I was in with a fifteen or twenty point turn and I made my way to the actual parking lot without having to get back on the street. After that I really needed a cold beer and since my choices were Bud or Miller, I ordered a Miller and sat down. Ms Bea's is a pretty nice family owned and operated neighborhood bar housed in a one room concrete block building and that is all a beer joint really needs to be. I wish they had Shiner Bock but not many bars in East Austin do. The clientele seems pretty loyal to Bud and Miller and all I really wanted was to take some video and snap a few pictures, so I guess it didn't matter, but as it turned out the beer tasted pretty good anyway. Of course, I only had one. I hardly ever have more than one or two unless I am at home and then I don't count. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qAric_lpko

No comments: