Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Gingerman at Fourth Street near Guadalupe in Austin






I've been in here no times, until today, for at least a couple of years. I've been in here maybe ten times ever, but I enjoyed myself every single time. The furniture used to look brand new, because it was. The leather furniture still looks great, too bad it is so politically incorrect because I really like it. Well folks, if I think of anything else I can say about this place other than check out one or two of the hundreds of beers they have on tap, I'll be sure to let you know. This is a good place with a decent jukebox and a great beer selection. Unfortunately, a comfortable and relaxing setting can make you forget about the parking meter that is about to expire. In five years or less this place will be ancient history. Trust me, I've been watching things change in Austin for nearly thirty years but never like what is happening now. Man, money talks big time in this town but I still love it. I 'm not sure exactly what lies in store for this place but I'm pretty sure it will be taller than what is here now. Wouldn't it suck to be someone who bought a condo with a view of Town Lake from their patio only to have someone else build something that totally blocks your view? That's called reality in a profit driven world and Austin surely is a profit driven world, but it still has lots of counter culture non profit driven residents and I'm thankful for that. Of course that has nothing to do with this bar on Fourth Street near Guadalupe in Downtown Austin, it just helps explain why I enjoy living here and would like to see every business succeed. http://austin.gingermanpub.com/