Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse on South First at Bouldin in Austin
























I've passed this place many times while knowing it as a Coffeehouse but never thought to check and see if it had beer. It does, lots of kinds and some good ones too. They serve a vegetarian menu and I was kind of surprised to see so many people there at 3:00 in the afternoon. I suspect it is a hangout and there is nothing I like better than a neighborhood hang out. I'm sure they are Wi Fi because there were lots of laptops all around and they have a screened porch in the back that should be attached to my house. There are lots of unique qualities about this place that makes it interesting plus a straight shot up Bouldin will put you on South Congress near Guero's Taco Bar. These are the counter culture people of today sitting side by side with old hippies, new techies and fine people of all sorts. I saw people parking in an empty lot down the street and I had no trouble parking at the curb on Bouldin but I suspect many patrons walk from the surrounding neighborhoods. I know I would if I lived nearby. It's close to Jovita's and Freddie's as well so you could do a mini bar hop while leaving your car in one place. I like having options.

No comments: