Monday, April 7, 2008

Zax Pints and Plates near Riverside and South First in Austin Texas
















The first thought that came to mind when I pulled into the parking lot and got out of my car was: Wow, somebody has invested a bundle in this place. I remember when it was Charlie's Hamburgers and looked like a cool empty barn. Then it was a music venue but I can't remember the name because at that time in my life I was raising two kids on what would have been a poverty level income if I wasn't busting my ass painting apartments and offices at night until I dropped. I had some nights out, but I was too tired to enjoy them. Thank God those days are gone. Later it was Al Capone's Italian Restaurant and I always wanted to go there but I don't think I ever did. Same with Zax, today was my first time inside although they have been here for a number of years already. It is spacious and I love the bar area. Of course, I've said that before in my blogs. In fact I've never sat at a bar that I didn't like. Oh, except for that friggin' G &S Lounge rat hole that wouldn't let me take pictures or shoot video because they're hiding something, no doubt. However Zax Pints and Plates was very friendly, helpful and courteous plus they have two outside patios on which to enjoy the atmosphere and a parking lot. Best of all they are within walking distance to a hotel room and everything Downtown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsfgyCLp5tQ http://www.zaxaustin.com/

No comments: