Tuesday, April 15, 2008

El Rey (The King) for El Ray (My Bro.) in South Austin at Brodie Oaks Plaza






























This was the first stop on a fun time with a couple of my favorite people in the world. We went for a ride in the 360 Hill Country although that was never my intention. I wanted to make a video and do a blog for NXNW but I drove all the way out to 183 and 360 and then turned the wrong way. Lucky for El Rey, about a half hour later. O.k. I don't do ratings or reviews I just write about the place and move on but I've always liked El Rey and nothing has changed except the menu and the management. It's less beans and good tasting grease and more grilled zucchini and cilantro rice. But, they both taste good. No denying. The margaritas were cheap here but get a double because you will cloy of the sweetness quickly. Parking matters to me and they have a lot of it. On some Sunday, after a totally wasted Saturday Night, come in and order Menudo, it is the ultimate feel good drug that will make you sleep most of the rest of the day away and feel good about it. I don't lie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoS7pJIL6zQ

No comments: