Saturday, March 22, 2008

Amsterdam Cafe at Eighth 8th and Colorado in Downtown Austin Texas





















I don't know the full story on this place. I think it opened a year ago and then closed again until recently, or maybe just the addition of food is new, I'm not really sure . The bartender at the Brown Bar told me they were newly opened and sold beer so I made the best of a good situation and checked them out while I was in the area. I never would have realized they existed if he hadn't drawn my attention to the place, but I'm glad he did. The people in there were friendly and went along with what I wanted to do and then some, even giving me a beer pouring photo op. I talked with the guy behind the bar for about ten minutes and enjoyed it. He said things were hopping during SXSW but that he was glad it was over. That's what the bartender at the Brown Bar said too. These places get business in waves during lunch and happy hour after 5 when the skyscraper workers get off. I beat them and didn't have to deal with people ducking and hiding from the camera. I just want to show y'all what these places look like so that if you ever end up going there you'll have an idea of what to expect. It might even make you realize there are places Downtown worth seeking out. About a hundred at last count, but you better have quarters during the day or be willing to pay to park at night. I just pay because driving around in circles hoping to get lucky sucks much worse than it did when I couldn't afford to pay to park and now I can. Stop in sometime and there is a very good chance you will be as pleased as I was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VO26_dxEOM http://www.theamscafe.com/

No comments: