Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cipollina West Austin Bistro on West Lynn in West Austin













I had been to Cipollina before just not in a while. It looks like they totally made over the inside of the place or maybe they just did away with the fancy refrigerated glass cases, either way it works for me. One of my buddy's used to live on Palma Plaza, just a short walk away, so I'm familiar with this area I just haven't been over there in a while. This place is right next door to Fresh Plus, a small grocery store, and Sledd's Nursery. It's across the street from Jeffery's, an expensive yet popular restaurant with excellent food. They have an adequate parking lot and the service is quick and friendly. On nice days there are usually several patrons sitting outside drinking fancy coffee or good wine but I just sat inside and slugged a beer while the management wanted to ask me what the heck I was doing, but they were too polite. This is a decent place with a wood fired pizza oven and nice decor. I would suggest it to my own mother if she were looking for a good place to have a cup of coffee or eat some lunch or dinner. Stop in the next time you drive through the neighborhood on your shortcut to MoPac from Enfield or after you buy some premium priced groceries at Fresh Plus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wunib096BzM That's the YouTube video I made.

No comments: