Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Irie Bean Coffee Bar on South Lamar Blvd. in South Austin







































Today I stopped at the Irie Bean Coffee Bar because, as everyone knows, Bar means Beer. I had a Shiner 99 and I can honestly say I have never had one before. I could lie now and say I will never have one again but I know I wouldn't be fooling anyone. I like this place, I have driven past it, and what used to be here, for a quarter of a century and today is the first time I stopped in. Why, you ask? Because they sell beer, dumb ass, that's what this whole blog is about. Not drinking beer just finding it, and showing y'all where it can be found, and believe me it can be found in some pretty strange and out of the way places. I know, I've already visited a bunch of them. Coffee is good too, don't get me wrong. I drink well over a quart, strong and black, every day and I might start getting some of it from here because I really do like this place. Two dollar beers during Happy Hour and I know they have free music this week because I've seen it listed on the day party web pages. I love the SXSW non affiliated functions and they are often better than the real thing, with no wristband needed. I've done it for ten years and I can never get to as many places as I want to because I wear out too quick. Like I was telling the Barista/Bartender, I don't write reviews I just blog about how a place makes me feel and I try to always say good things because I've never met a bar I didn't like and that's the honest truth. This place has fast and friendly service, a beautiful courtyard and excellent people. What else do you want...beer? They got that too.

No comments: